Urban Decay Smoked Palette



Urban Decay Smoked Palette








The Urban Decay Smoked Palette is a nice size. I got it from Sephora for $20.00 around valentines day. I didn't really know what i was getting when i purchased this. It was kind of a gamble to be honest. I hadn't read or watched reviews on it, i just went out on a whim and got it. My favorite colors in this palette are: rockstar, evidence, and loaded. I think that is mainly why i purchased it in the first place. It was out of my comfort zone of the typical nudes and rose golds, and i had to have it.

When i got it, i noticed that it zipped close and I swear when i saw that, i said "sweet" out loud. I can put it in my handbag without having to worry about anything getting into it. (now i seriously wish other companies did this).





Now for the swatches...





In this picture, i used natural lighting for the top part, and flash in the bottom one. I really like how these colors look in natural lighting. They are all really pigmented, even the really pale one (Kinky). A few of them are rather chalky, but what else do you expect when it comes to matte shadows?







Kinky- Top Left, is a smooth and creamy matte color. It blends in really well with the other colors and is great for highlighting (even for a matte)

Freestyle- Top Right, is a matte nude color with a hint of peach. I really liked this color. It was great for blending out harsh lines and looked amazing with my rose gold eyeshadow. 
Mushroom- Bottom Left, is a shimmery grey/silver. It is a really pretty color, but i don't use it often. It isn't a color i reach for very often. 
Backdoor- Bottom Right, is a VERY creamy matte color. it blends well, and is amazing to work with. No complaints. It is a dark brown and has a hint of black to it. The name made me laugh though (18+ humor). 



Blackout- Top Left, This was a HUGE disappointment. I was really looking forward to this color. I love black shadows, and i was really hoping it would be as good as the other shadows in this palette. It was VERY chalky and didn't blend well at all. I had to blend it for much longer than i normally would for it to do what i needed it to do. I do like this color right on the top of my lash line on the upper lids. It makes your lashes look fuller. I used this in a video that i will link at the bottom of this post so you can see what i mean. 
Barlust- Top Right, Pretty shimmery brown with copper tones. It is a really nice eyeshadow. very smooth, and extremely blendable. 
Rockstar- Bottom Left, AMAZING eyeshadow. it is a matte and shimmer in one, it is purple with a muted tone, so it is wearable on an everyday basis. I don't have to just wear it on special occasions. 
Evidence- Bottom Right, This color is just as amazing as Rockstar. I have zero complaints. It wears very well. 



Loaded- Top Left, Loaded is a matte and shimmer. It is a beautiful green. It reminds me of christmas trees for some odd reason. It is very pretty and looks amazing on the lid and in a smoked look. I can't get enough of this green.
Asphalt- Top Right, This color is a matte with a tiny bit of shimmer. It was a bit chalky and i will admit i was pretty disappointed. I really wanted this color to work. It was so pretty on the swatch, but when i put it on (you can refer to the swatches above that i did on my hand) it just didn't do the color justice.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Bottom Left, What is there to say about this primer? I don't really use it. I used it up, just to test it out, but i wouldn't buy it. It didn't work for me. It may work for others, but everyones bodies are different. It creased on my after an hour.
Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Glide-on eyeliner in Velvet- Bottom Right, This is by far the BEST eyeliner that i have ever used. I have tried so many different eyeliners and nothing even compares to this one. it is amazing. It is pure black and is very workable. 







What was your favorite color in this palette? Do you know of any dupes?

The video that i used some of this palette in is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-lwSkbit0s I had so much trouble with Blackout, i seriously almost shut off the camera and used another color.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment